T H E F R A M E S H I F T S P R O J E C T
MANY MANUSCRIPTS HAVE BEEN COMPILED ONTO THE WEBSITE. THEY MAY BE DIRECTLY ACCESSED FROM THE LINKS IN THIS SECTION. Past blogs can be accessed by scrolling the HOME page, going to the Running Index, or Searching for keywords.
Here are the writings and compositions by Richard L. Rose which you may access on this site. Obviously, I would prefer to be cited for any use you make of my works, but givers cannot control what is done with their gifts. Updates are given at the ends of paragraphs.
1. FRAMESHIFTS: The work for which the website and project is named is a novel in 2 volumes, made of interrelated stories and poems about a Northern Virginia community. See: 2001916 _FRAMESHIFT1 2011 version or buy a copy from Amazon. See the home page for purchase details.The book Death Wears a Tricorn is the first story in the book published as an e-novella. See the side-bar on the home page. Following up on the novel was Hidden Moves and Hidden Faces, a book of short stories. See: Hidden Moves and Hidden Faces pdf The last book of Frameshifts was also expanded into Finding a Purchase, a book of poems. See: FINDING A PURCHASE. Additional sources about Frameshifts on this site are More Information about Finding a Purchase, About Frameshifts, and the Neely Papers. See item 7 below. The Neely Papers was modified to become On Giants. See: On Giants This includes a ballet based on Oscar Wilde’s story, The Selfish Giant. I will post a midi-rendering of this ballet. (2/15/2021) Another spinoff of Frameshifts is the flipbook, Tales Since the Shift. https://www.flipsnack.com/rlrose4621/tales-since-the-shift/full-view.html
2. Other short books of poems on the site are: Marking Time, a personal memoir. See: Marking Time; the book Floats and Sinkers, whose subject, as you may guess is the ups & downs of life, See: Floats and Sinkers MS for submission. Palliative Care, a poem-novella which was also published on Medium, See: Palliative Care. Another book, still a work in progress as of 5/20/2015 is Automatoma. See Automatoma POETRY Selection. Another short book, produced in 2015, was Richmond Scenes. This and Palliative Care were later included in a larger selection of poems, Coming Around. In February of 2017, a series of poems about Route 15 in Northern Virginia were published in the Piedmont Journal. See: http://www.piedmontjpf.com/featuredauthors#richard (2/15/2021)
3. Work on Yourself is a collection of all my poetry. It remains a work in progress. See Work on Yourself Selected Poems vers 2. The book Forms of Resistance, a new story collection, was completed in 2021. I’m currently looking for a publisher. (2/15/2021)
4. The texts of two children’s books are on the site. Copies of the books themselves, with illustrations by Sushmita Mazumbar (See her website: http://www.handmadestorybooks.com.), are in the Special Collection of the Main Library in Richmond, VA. The books are Shura, in Kathryn’s Book and The Queen and the Crocodile, also found in Hidden Moves and Hidden Faces. The link is given in the first item, above.(2/15/2021). The Tales Since the Shift also has some children’s stories. It’s available from the author landing site. Another children’s book, CYSNI, is only available from my grand-daughter, Laurel S. Rose.
5. Librettos and scores for musical works are also available. These include Annunciations, (See Annunc. Bk 1 and Annunciation 2 (2) ), Amber (See AMBER libretto booklet and Amber 1 (9) and Amber 2 (8) ), The People’s Voice (See The Peoples Voice ), The Books of Daniel (See BOD Libretto 1 and BOD ACT 1.1 and BOD ACT 1.32 and BOD ACT 2.1 and BOD ACT 2.5 and BOD ACT 2.71 P3 and BOD ACT 2.61 ), La Rinuncia (See La Rinuncia ), The Fisher of the James (SeeThe Fisher of the James and Music Book Scan ). The Fisher of the James was a solo work, performed and improvised from lead sheets. (2/15/2021)
Other compositions are in progress. Dates for coming performances are posted on the home page. Recordings of productions of these works are on my GENERAL WEBSITE and YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzqDZ6vviAQek_TArXuGKjQ. Information from production of Strike the Rock! in 2018 featured two one-act operas: Amber and Monte & Pinky at several Richmond venues. An MP4 of the “In Sweet Surrender” program featuring La Rinuncia and Missa brevis will be posted. Monte & Pinky will also be posted to the site. Note that some of the music is on the YouTube Channel. Links to collaborations with David Smith (Maquila Maria), Brooke Vandervelde (Night Caps, 2021), and others (for a Hymnbook) will be posted. Also for later posting: Information from the Marginal Notes site is currently down for revision. http://marginalnotesinwordsandmusic.org. Finally, the Composers Forum, planned for 2020 with Capitol Opera Richmond, was canceled because of the pandemic, as were other events, such as a concert at Ross Browne’s studio on Hull St. (2/15/2021)
6. Meditative works available on this site are: Healing Breaths, (See HB 2.0 Handbook ) It is also discussed in a blog archived on the site. See the right panel on the home page. The second work is The School Year, an extended meditation comprising fiction, history, and poetry. See The School Year, corrected version A chapbook of poems, Many Divine Walks, will be added. (2/15/2021)
7. Finally, see the pdfs listed below for more information about Frameshifts and for the poems read by Richard Rose at the 2015 Poetry Festival of the Poetry Society of Virginia in Williamsburg, VA on May 15-16, 2015.
|Information about the last poem, Finding a Purchase|